Wednesday, July 11, 2007

7 Random things

Well I have been tagged by the lovely Debbi Baker (thanks Debbi!!!!) LOL

Here goes:

1. I have been married for 23 years to my husband Mark. I have two children; Nicole, 17, and Matthew, 14 . A dog maltese x, Cassie.Three guinea pigs; Audrey, Peggy and Fluer dela Muffin.

2. Matthew has a chronic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes. It is a genetic disease and Matthew is the first to have CF in both our families. It brings our lives many challenges. He is my hero as he handles this challenge in life with more maturity than people double his age.

3. I wanted to be a chef when I was young. I have worked as a curtain maker, worked in a chamois factory making clothing from it. I know chamois, the stuff that you wash your car with, yes I made shirts, hats, you name it. Worked at a printers, breakfast tray runner, brake factory making brake pads, Mother and now a florist delivery driver, wow I'm tired! LOL

4.I have an American sister, well... we are like sisters if not closer. I met Linda via the internet, our love and passion for art brought us together. Linda makes totally awesome typewriter jewerly and optical Lenses jewerly as well.Now she is going more into fabric work.

I visited her a couple of years ago which was a wonderful experience. Linda is a inspiration to me she has fought and survived ovarian cancer,her health issues are a daily struggle but she never looks on the down side and is a very positive lady. Her health means she can never visit me, so we will look forward to when I can come and see her again,and just run up our phone bills instead

5. Nursed my dear Mum at home who was dieing with Lung cancer (she wasn't a smoker either). This was a life changing experience for me, life is far too short to sweat the small stuff.

6. Worked as a volunteer at Sovereign Hill a historical park in Ballarat for 11 years. You dress up in period cotume from the 1850's (NOT A GOOD LOOK). It's alot of fun and you meet some wonderful people.

7. LOVE LOVE TO JUNK shop! My art is my passion and my saviour at the same time. (I think everyone who knows me will say this isn't a random answer but I had to get it in somewhere.)

Jen

12 comments:

R2artstudio said...

Jen, you have had so many different and interesting jobs, I'm impressed. It's nice to to hear a little more about each other, and the families. I had no idea your son had such medical issues. I love your charm/necklace. Neat use of the the bit of ruler!

Debbi B said...

Hi Jen - Thanks so much for sharing - I didn't know about the junk bit so that was a total surprise of course!! The necklace is beautiful too - I love the JC touch.

Julie H said...

Beautiful jewellery/dangly. What a fabulous idea to incorporate the ruler.

Thank you for sharing to much, it makes me appreciate your art all the more a time must be precious.

Dawnie said...

Thanks JC for sharing.Impressive job list you've had my lovely.
Hugs to you and Mat.

Dawnie xxx

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the jewellery piece Jen and congratulations, I saw your art in Somerset Studio, well done.

Judy said...

Oooh nice charm - great taste! Jen it must be so challenging for you to find time for art whilst your son has CF - you are obviously an amazing mum and fitting everything in like you do. keep up the great work.

lklight said...

Wow, I just love your work, I don't think I've ever seen your blog before. I just subscribed to it.

elsewhen said...

Jen, I absolutely love your style! YOur use of metal is fabu. I bought all of these watch parts on ebay and I am terribly intimidated by them...but you've inspired me to attempt to use them. And your banner is awesome--I love the slightly worn, mixed with grunge look. Thanks for commenting on mine!

Marni

Jo Wholohan said...

Loved reading a bit more about you Jen, how interesting are you :))

Linda Lynch said...

Sis, even I learned things about you I didn't know! Love the charm with the ruler. You continue to amaze me. Linda

Sharon said...

Jen, you are so talented. I love the little charm and the use of the ruler.

Best wishes.

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing!! I love the stunning piece of jewllery ..wonderful