Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Birds of a feather


With birds all the rage at the moment, it gave me an excuse to make this beautiful birds nest charm, inspired by the very talented Deryn Mentock.

The house is made from a black speckled Mica which is too die for!!!!

It's funny how you have things hanging around and think "one day I will use that", hence the wood bit at the top of the necklace. I have had it for years. It had a key hanging from it but today when the creative bug hit the key came off. It's funny how you find things again.
I havent done the chain yet I'm still thinking what to do there hmm
Jen

14 comments:

Judy said...

How gorgeous is that!!!
But i have to say that black speckled mica is annoying for me when I need it to be clear but you have used it so well. Love the little keyhole thingy. Stunning Jen.

Debbi Baker said...

I agree with Judy - stunning!! And the nest is just perfect.

Natalie B said...

This is awesome!! You are so clever and I just love what you've done... :-)

R2artstudio said...

I am really loving your jewelry. You have put together some interesting and beautiful elements. Can't wait to see more!!

Jen Crossley said...

Thanks girls I really appreciate your encouragement.
Judy the speckled Mica on this one I just put one thin coat of clear mica over the top as the speckles as you said are a pain in some spots
Jen

kelsey said...

So Jen, gorgeous as usual and with your usual "slant" on things! lol

Where'd the black speckled mica come from???? Hmmmmm? Do tell!

Linda Lynch said...

Jen, you never cease to amaze me! Love love love this, can't wait to see it completed. Sis

Night Owl Designs said...

This is beautiful!

Gretz said...

Another stunning piece from Mrs Crossley-Somerset!

Heather Robinson said...

Wow, what a wonderful combination of elements...simply stunning.

Kim Logan said...

Jen, this a beautiful piece, the spotted mica adds to its charm.

Ro Bruhn said...

Lovely piece Jen, the birds nest is fabulous. How do you stop the mica from flaking? I find it breaks at the edges

Jo Wholohan said...

Gorgeous Jen!!!!

Julie van Oosten said...

Your work Jen is so creative, love looking at your blog! Love the little nest...

JVO