Sunday, August 19, 2007

Brace yourself


Yesterday was a great day not much really happened but while looking for some supplies in Nicole's room (sorry Nicole) I had all sorts of inspirations sometime we all lose our mojo and yes it has hit me as well, I think I try to force it to come but it wont raise its ugly head LOL.
I found by looking through my rusty bits N Pieces and my LOST treasures my mind started to work over time with all sorts of idea's it was good therapy.
This piece was made with as the title suggests a set of old braces (suspenders) they were a great find and have those amazing metal findings on them I also used the suspenders elastic it was too good to cut off .I then added a tin photo I have to attach chain but as normal I had to show you.
So if the mojo is low, look through your supplies it really worked for me. Think outside the square when you look at objects
Jen

24 comments:

Linda Lynch said...

Well Jen, your mojo is definitely working! What is the "fabric" behind the tintype photo?

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the way you've used the braces Jen, your creativity has certainly returned

Once Upon a Cottage said...

Wow! I just found your blog from looking at files on the Character Construction group. I love your work! Do you sell it anywhere? The glass house book you made is FABULOUS! AND your jewelry - BEAUTIFUL. I love your earthy,natural aestheic.
Lennea Truesdell

azirca said...

What a fantastic little piece Jen. I love it!

Gretz said...

You are so cleverr jen - LOVE it!

kelsey said...

What a novel use for suspenders Jen! I agree with you about fossicking through your supplies to "encourage" the creativity muse....flipping through Somerset mags does the same for me too! Funnily enough, I see YOUR work in them! lol

Judy said...

Noice braces.
Great idea as usual.
looks very noice.

R2artstudio said...

Another wonderful creation! Never would have guessed about the braces. You've done so many wonderful pieces lately. Maybe one day I will be fortunate to own one. Thanks for your sweet note, more later.

Sarah said...

beautiful piece...stunning!!1

Jo Wholohan said...

Love the idea of braces Jen, fantastic peice!!!

Night Owl Designs said...

Wow, very cool Jen :-)

Heather Robinson said...

The braces are a brilliant idea. This is such a wonderful piece.

Debbi Baker said...

I'm in your fan club too! You wow me everytime! And I love this piece. Whenever I see rusty pieces of metal I think of you...

Sharon said...

An ingenious idea, Jen. Your work is amazing! :)

alice k. said...

Seems like you had much fun combining all those offbeat materials. It certainly works - this is a great piece!

Gisele said...

Great & original piece Jen...who would have thought to use braces!
Max is doing ok, slowing down a little but still happy, thanks for asking.

Audrey said...

You never cease to amaze me.
xx

ATCLindaB said...

I looooove the simplicity of this wonderful piece

Tricia Scott said...

i agree! you always amaze me!

Sanja said...

Absolutely fantastic idea.Love it!

Rein said...

This is great!

Elaine Kerr said...

Isn't it fun, taking all those bits and pieces of 'junk' and giving them new life. Just like alchemists turning junk into gold!

Just came across your blog this minute but looks like a number of my friends are hanging out here.

Gaby Bee. said...

This is such a gorgeous piece of art! What a great idea!!!

Susan Tuttle said...

Oooo--yes--you got your mojo back! I will have to try your tactic on one of those 'stuck in the rut' days.

Susan