Monday, May 5, 2008

Missing Emerald, Lost keys, Fingers stuck, Giant Geckos,Fresh Meat

Missing Emerald, Lost keys, Fingers stuck, Giant Geckos,Fresh Meat As the title said missing emerald, lost keys, fingers stuck, a wheel chair bound lady and a new baby. No this isn’t a new book I’m reading it’s just a Jen Crossley class lol. For those of you that know me and have been following what I have been up to the last two weekends, I have travel from Melbourne to Brisbane to Melbourne to Miners Rest then Melbourne to Tasmania teaching classes. I’m so tired but it really has been a wonderful time in my life. First Brisbane and the dear Henry family Ness, Brad and their two beautiful little girls; Hannah and Meg. Ness is just too good to me I want them to adopted me. My luggage was way over the limit my class,it nearly weighed as much as Ness has lost weight 40 kg she looks amazing.



The classes were wonderful 5 in total over 3 days. We had superglue up to our elbows and tongues (don’t ask LOL), and soldering burns. I think I can say Ness is addicted to soldering. Her, Brad and I soldered up a storm in her garage one night. Dear Evelyn and John where we had the classes were so generous having all of us at their home. John was put to good use drilling holes for me - Thanks John. And dear Ness buying 6 soldering irons at Dick Smith with no questions asked. What a wonderful time was had.


Here is an example of one of my students work.Judy did an amazing job of this Junk bracelet.

Tassie Devil
Next weekend I went to Tassie and yes, I met the Tassie Devil himself, Fred. I was given the greeting of “Hey hairy-legs”.
Elaine,Fred,and me!
What a lovely and talented bunch of ladies. It was held at a beautiful seaside town of Saint Helens, 2 hours away from Launceston, I was chauffeur driven by the lovely Lorraine, pointing out an interesting mountain.
My oldest student (nearly 80) a horse float, a wheelchair-bound lady (Mary) from Victoria, a lost Emerald earring at tea, keys locked in a car, super glued fingers and a new baby born - it was really a quiet class LOL.

I have never laughed so much. A great time was had and a lot of great memories made.
A huge thank you to the Brissie and Tassie girls; you are all so wonderful and such friendly girls. It made my teaching so easy to have willing victims for me LOL
A Huge thank you girl for your beautiful pressie you made me a J for Jen and a beautiful handmade bead bracelet by the very talented Gail Hart
Thank you
Jen
Ps Congrats Gail on your first grandchild your too young to be a grandparent

24 comments:

Sarah said...

What an eventful time you have had on your travels Jen. So glad you had a great time. But so glad your home too..Missed you heaps..

Sarah said...

Hi Jen Sounds like you had an amazing time...

Sarah xx

Deb said...

I'm breathless just reading about your adventures! Dang - you are just way too far away for me to join your classes!! Glad you are safely home :)
Am working on "little something" for you - fingers crossed that I don't sew my fingers together - lol. And by the way - please explain "horse float" - in this part of the US a "float" is ice cream with milk or soda!! Eww.... horse? xox Deb
http://vintagemoonstudio.typepad.com

Carmen said...

How fun!

Heartinmyhand said...

Just found your site. Saw the necklace you did for Rande and just love it. So thought I would stop by

azirca said...

What a wonderful weekend you had Jen. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Linda Cain said...

What great pictures of a fabulous class! Wish I could have been there.
Linda

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Jen - what a fabulous post. You really are incredible and your stories really make me smile! No, laugh actually! Can't wait to see you (very soon), me and my dremel that is...Your classes sound like a lot of fun and I hope everyone that got to them realises how lucky they were!

Gail said...

The Brissie and Tassie girls were very lucky to have such a wonderful and funny teacher go to them. It sounds like you had a great time though Jen, glad your home now and maybe resting.

Night Owl Designs said...

Wow, I feel weary just reading about your adventures Jen! LOLOL

Gaby Bee. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Jen. The bracelet is amazing.
Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures!
Gaby

Ro Bruhn said...

Your class would be a hoot Jen. I love the bracelet they made. You're becoming a regular qypsy, all this travelling, see you in two weeks.
Ro

Judy said...

I think you may have beaten me with all your travelling - sounds awesome!

Linda Lynch said...

Sounds like it was a blast!~ (A good old American word, LOL~!) Wish I could have been there. The bracelet was wonderful and I know you are so generous in your kits that they must have been in heaven.

Sam Marshall said...

Sounds like you're having a ball!!!

Inka said...

Oh what fun you all had! and the art you created is awesome too! I wish you could come to the US and teach one of these days … I would be the first in line :))

Leslie said...

Oh boy, you really did have a journey, didn't you? Sounds like a blast though!

Cecile Nichols said...

It sure sounds like you all had a great time!! Wish I had been there!

Thanks for sharing the bracelet phot! Fantastic!

Cecile

Sharon said...

Hi Jen, it sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves and had lots of fun! :)

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Jen,
Congratulations on all of your teaching adventures!! How lucky everyone was to take a class with you!

Susan
xo

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the idea of the junk bracelet, so very interesting, each piece is!
Sandra Evertson

Jean said...

What a great story! Wish I were on the other side of the earth!
Jean Melom

Karen Cole said...

Your last few weeks look amazingly like mine. Exhilarating and exhausting. Laughing, making new friends, making art....what more could anyone ask for?

Genevieve said...

Okay Jen,this all sounds very nice but....when are you coming West to share your talents with us?

Cheers!