Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where have I Been/and Housekeeping??

Where Have I Been / Housekeeping??

You know the song I’ve been everywhere Man .Well that’s what my life has been like lately a lot of Miles on the poor commodore that’s for sure Sydney, Melbourne ,Melbourne, Geelong, Melbourne..

I was lucky enough early last month to go up to Sydney for 4 days to work with the very talented Judy Wilkenfeld what a wonderful experience that was.
As many of you know I have been suffering with back pain so I was strapped on the back for my stay with Judy .
Judy showed me here wonderful studio which totally blew what mind I had left I was like a kid in a candy store. Above are some of her wonderful books.
My son Matthew has also been extremely ill many of you know he has Cystic Fibrosis and we are still waiting for a surgery date for him so I will keep you posted. He also has some exciting news I will share with you soon .
Thank you to everyone who has emailed and rang me concerning my back and Matthew it has really touched me greatly.

Geelong with Keith Lo Bue


I have just had the most exciting week of my life at the Geelong Textile Forum in Victoria, where else can you spend a week with liked minded women, shopping, eating and learning at the same time
Yes heaven indeed.
The Course wa at Geelong Grammer school a beautiful settling thats for sure
I attend a week long course with Keith Lo Bue, he is such a talented and generous man,who's knowledge knows no bounds. And yes in one of the photos we saw the famous Lo Bue legs with his utility kilt!!!
I met and made some wonderful friends one of which is Chris from Western Australia, and Ro Bruhn whom I have known for some time but this was the first time we had spent a lot of time together.
Ro ,me and Chris were the three musketeers.
I have not finished my project yet but here is a sneek peek for you .Its is made out of an old draw pull and a Ari doll I had got from Judys Place.

16 comments:

NessH said...

Jen...It is so wonderful to see you blogging...and what a post..I love the kilt and I love your piece..
I really hope your back is getting better and all our love to Matthew..
chat soon

Jo Wholohan said...

WOW Jen, some amazing adventures!!! Gaye tells me Keith is coming to Toowoomba soon so will have to check it out, can you imagine, art classes within 20 mintues of me??? Unheard of LOL

Cant wait to spend some more time with you in March, its getting closer xx

Sarah said...

HI Jen Great to see what you have been upto!! I am currently in the process of moving house...Sorry to hear about Matthew and your back...mine is still giving me pain.

Sarah said...

Hello Jen, so glad you had a wonderful week, cant wait to hear all about it, cuppa this week?? And to see your piece in person..

Ro Bruhn said...

It was certainly a great week Jen, I had a ball, your piece is looking fabulous, can't wait to see it finished. Mine has taken a slight turn from the original concept, when I work out how to fix it I'll send you some photos. I hope Matthew's news is good and your back is OK. I'm finding it very hard to settle back into work after last week. Roll on the next one.

Cindy Dean said...

Great Piece Jen! I am so glad to see you are having fun. Sending you and your son healing thoughts and prayers!

Gail said...

Great to hear from you Jen, but so sorry to hear about Matthew and your back, I am sending you all my healing thoughts to you and Matt.

Love the art work though, its sounds like you all had a great time.

Susan Tuttle said...

Jen,
your sneak peek has definitely teased my taste buds -- I want more! I will be keeping you and your sweet son in my thoughts and prayers -- sending you lots of good energy out into the universe.

I had heard that Mr. LB wears a kilt and it was a privilege to actually see him in it -- thank you for sharing the photos!

I wish I could've had tea with you and Judy. Someday!

I hope your back will be feeling much better very soon.

Susan
xo

Judy said...

wow the piece looks so awesome, i knew you'd love the course with keith - how great is he. so cool to see the ari doll in your piece peeping through the window. hope matthew is ok now and you too.
doing richard salley's class tomorrow -hehehehehe
xoxoxox

The Stamping Queen said...

Good to see you back! Looks like you've been having a really good time! I love the sneek peak you've given .. can't wait to see some more.
~xx Barb xx~

azirca said...

I have been wondering how the workshop went, it looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time. Your project looks fabulous, I can't wait to see the finished piece. Those little Ari dolls are so cute.
*hugs* to you and Matthew, I hope that you both are able to find some relief.
xo

Night Owl Designs said...

Just amazing Jen, so creative!

Julie van Oosten said...

Hi Jen, glad to see you blogging again as I know your computer was down for a while. Looking forward to catching up with you at MPE this year and seeing some of your wonderful creations "in person". Can't wait to hear about Matthew's surprise! We are all so lucky to have you inspire us Jen. You are a wonderful girl with a mighty spirit. Our love to Matthew, Julie & Tad xxx

Gaby Bee said...

Great to see you back, Jen!
Sorry to hear about Matthew.
Hope you both will be feeling better soon!
It sounds like you had a wonderful week. Your new art work is stunning as always. Cant't wait to see it finished.
Hugs Gaby xo

Sam Marshall said...

Hi Jen,
The workshops look amazing and your beautiful piece is so inspirational. Warmest wishes for your son and it's great to know you are feeling better, too.
XXXX

inventivesoul said...

Very pretty!
Love this piece Jen!
:o)
Amber