Saturday, January 10, 2009

Girls Just wanta have fun



Girls just wanta have fun
What a great way to spend the day out in the big smoke. My daughter Nicole and I and my friend Shani and her daughter Savannah went to the big smoke, down to Melbourne for the day.
We went for a bit of shopping then a Musical “The Rocky Horror Show”.
It was great to spend some time having fun all together. Savannah has Cystic Fibrosis (like my son Matthew) and also Aspergers.
Matthew and Savannah only met each other last year and from a far through a car window keeping there distance and waving to each other .Children with Cystic Fibrosis aren’t allowed to mix together as they can cross infect between one another. It is hard as Shani and I are great friend and have been since primary school.Our Children bringing us together again after both our children having CF.




Nicole and Savannah in this cool alley that had graffiti painted all over.It looked so cool.











After The Rocky Horror show,we went for a carriage ride through the city ,didnt we think we were royality






Shani and Savannah












We all felt we were Queen for the day the world was our oyster.
A great day with great friends.
Jen
ps If you check out the photo of the carriage you will notice the crown Im wearing is attached to the carriage,anything for a great photo I say



25 comments:

Linda Cain said...

WOW! What a fun day!
Linda

NessH said...

Jen sounds like a great day...I love Rocky Horror..what a great stage show...I have seen it a dozen times..
you guys look fantastic in the carriage..did u do the royal wave to people as you went past??

Jen Crossley said...

Yes I did Ness you know me appearance and presentation is everything LOL
Jen

Sarah said...

Bow to the great Queen Jennifer!!! So glad you had a great day in the city.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

it looks so fun! I love the murals!

Gail said...

I knew you had a queenly aura Jen, now we all know ROLOL.

I haven't seen this production, but I saw the one years ago, about 6 times and loved it.

Julie van Oosten said...

Hey great photos, and the carriage looks amazing!

sherry smyth said...

Photographs provide visual memories of wonderful times...these are just that...everyone looks happy with the day, happy with themselves..and "ahem" with being in the presence of the Queen!! :)

Judy said...

Looks like a wonderful day out.

Jo Horswill said...

Hi Jen...What a day! Great to hear all about it! I have never done a carriage ride!!! may have to I think!
Always wanted to wear a crown!!! I think we mums deserve too!!!

Love your previous post too Jen. The acid story is funny...I have done similar with my printing plates!!! Must chat to you about it all one day.

The Stamping Queen said...

Looks like you had a hoot Jen! Melbourne is such a great city for discovery .. those lanes and alleys hold lots of secrets.
Barb
xx
PS Happy 2009!!

Kathy said...

Looks like a great day out Jen.

Trash-2-Treazure said...

Hi Jen,
I loved the photos of the graffiti walls! Cool! Also, the carriage. One day we'll travel to Australia, we have friends that live there. But until then it is really nice checking out your blog. You are so talented, I love your work, you inspire me. How is your son Matthew? Hope he is doing well. Also, thanks for the comments on my blog on my tribute to Uncle Duck, yes he is very special to me.
Donna Horn

Kim said...

Hi Jen, thanks for leaving a post on my blog, love your work! I enjoy Melbourne so much when I go toom and it looks like you all had a fab time, kinda hard not to after seeing Rocky Horror though! Hope you gave appropriate queenly waves on the ride, the carriage looks awesome!

azirca said...

hee...Queen Jen, how regal.

Cindy Dean said...

Hey Jen...Love the Graffiti pics. Looks like you had a great day. Wishing you well.

Cindy

Christine said...

Ohhh how fun!! :) Love the crown....

peggy gatto said...

I have something for you on my blog, please come by!
I loved these fun photos!!!

Audrey said...

You crack me up girl. Looks like you all had a great day. I love girly days out with Erin. xx

Jacky said...

Love the crown... clever photography and a fun day had by all!

Gaby Bee said...

Looks like a fun day. Love the crown Queen Jen :-))
Thanks for sharing these pics with us.
Gaby xo

J and Z said...

ooo i love RHPS!! did you do the time warp??

Ro Bruhn said...

Great photos Jen, I love your crown, that's a real found object. I hope you enjoyed the show.

kelsey said...

Wow, didn't know you were going to see Rocky Horror!!! A good friend of my brother is "Columbia" (Lisa Adam) in the show! Small world huh! How very royal of you, travelling in a carriage, suits you! lol

SarahD said...

Great photos jen looks like you had a great time Love Sarah xx