Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bush Fires Victoria


My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones, homes, animals; whole townships it is heart breaking to say the least.
They say it is Victoria’s worst disaster in history.
With over 185 people dead and the total still to rise, they are saying maybe over 300 on the news it is devasting.
To believe these fires might have been deliberately lit its just horrific.
There are still many fires still burning out of control. Thank god for those firemen and volunteers who give time and energy to help fight those fires.
With all this heart ache this video has come to light and is just beautiful


Please give to the Red Cross Victoria bush fire appeal.
Please go to my dear friend Judy Wilkenfeld blog she has a very touching video on there blog ,I just cryed when I watched it.

14 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Hi Jen, I too have used this image, a picture tells a thousand words. Take care and keep safe.

Julie van Oosten said...

Jen we are all watching in horror and can't believe such devistation over so much of Victoria. I went through Marysville with Tad and it was so beautful, can't believe it is all gone. I already donated yesterday online to the Red Cross, hope everyone else does as well. The people are really going to need the money.

joanne wardle said...

We are watching the news with horror from England. my thoughts are with all those this horrendous fire has affected

Chrisy said...

Thank you for sharing this...

SarahD said...

HI Jen, its all so terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with all thoses who have affected by this.
Big hugs Dear friend xxx

Judy said...

I love that video Jen.I think we all had so many cries over the stories and images - such devastation caused by cruel people - I will never understand that aspect.
xoxox

Linda Cain said...

I've been worried about all my Aussie friends. It's so sad to watch every evening on the news.
Be well my friend..take care.
Linda

Inka said...

This is sooo devastating even for us so far away. I can only imagine how difficult for those of you who are so close. I am afraid my little offering to the red cross will not be a drop in the bucket of what is needed but maybe if we all can put a drop in, the bucket will get full :)

oldflowers4me said...

jen-this is so sad -we are watching it on tv ...so many people gone-there familys heart must be braking.....

Sarah said...

This is amazing image. Just shows in the face of adversity, we all need one and another.

Gaby Bee said...

I am so pleased you and your family are ok. You have been in my thoughts over the past week.
The photo of the little koala is really adorable.

All good wishes to you and your family!

Take care
Gaby xo

Susan Tuttle said...

this is unbelievably heart breaking. i am keeping all those effected in my thoughts.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This was so devastating, I watched the news showing this little koalla drinking from the bottle...such a sad, sad time. Prayers go out to all the families and those who have lost their loved ones and everything they own....tragic times.

Kim Logan said...

Its so bad Jen, we have been watching here the loss of life is incredibly sad. Glad you are ok.
x