Monday, February 16, 2009

Work,Rest and Play
















Work ,Rest and Play thats my motto.

Corn you ask??
Has the crozza lost her marble's!!

Well yes I have but this is really corn in this picture.
I had the pleasure of teaching at my home last week,my students came bearing gifts,homegrown corn,homecooked Pavolva,with homegrown peaches,quiches,salads,home made Date loaf.I was in seventh heaven.
My lovely students were from all over two lovely girls from country victoria,Melbourne, and Queensland.



















Here are Evelyn and Jodie working hard
Believe it or not we did get some work done.The girls were wonderful.
Alot of fun was had, and food consumed.
























The lovely and talented Jodie one of my gorgeous country girls,with her book all done.



















I have been playing with a gorgeous new findings from the states they are too die for.I have added a image then added split pieces of mica around the edges.
The product is a company called Vintaj the link below.
Linda Cain uses it alot on her blog as well.Tell them you heard about it from me
http://www.vintaj.com/

Im off to a Keith Lo bue workshop this weekend in Halls Gap a wire workshop I cant wait .My friend from Perth Chris a talented textile artist is flying over for it and we are going to a huge swap meet first on Friday,junking till we drop then driving to Halls Gap. YAHOO

17 comments:

Linda Cain said...

OMG! What a wonderful piece!!!! Vintaj...you go, girl! I am so jealous...class with Keith...I would think I was dying and gone to heaven! You have a great time..and take pictures to share.
Your Friend in ART,
Linda

SarahD said...

wow looks like you had a fun time Jen Hugs dear friend Sarah xx

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow Jen, you and Chris should have a great time with Keith, I wish I was going. Say Hi to Chris for me. Where are you going junking in that neck of the woods? Maybe searching for petrified wood in the Grampians.

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, a really wonderful piece!
Hope you are having a great time!!!
Can't wait to some pics of this class.
Gaby xo

Night Owl Designs said...

I love this piece Jen, the image you've used is beautiful. Thanks for the link!

Lisa Cook said...

I have been thinking about you with all the news of the horrible fires. I am glad you are well. A class with Keith! I can't remember if you have had one with him before, but I do cherish the 3 day class I had with him a few years ago, so enjoy enjoy. I love the brass findings and what you are doing with them. Your work keeps evolving and I love it.
I wish I had some home grown corn to eat right now! We are getting yet another snowstorm tonight...sigh.
xo

Sarah said...

So glad you had a great time teaching Jen, and have fun this weekend with Keith, I cant wait to see what you come home with.

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Beautiful Blog!

vintage moon studio said...

Have a fantastic trip! Big hugs :)xoxoxo

Gillian said...

What fun! :)

love how you've used the circle finding Jen, really fabulous!

ginny said...

Jen, give Keith a hug from me, a real hug. He is like a son to me. Love that man. Lucky you to take a workshop from him...probably again since he lives there.
Love your blog and your work.

Sue said...

can't wait to see what you create with Keith.

I'm off to check out those findings.

Viola said...

Fabulous piece again, Jen! Have a wonderful time this weekend! :o)

Jo Horswill said...

Have a great time away at Halls Gap Jen...looking forward to seeing what you come home with!

Sanja said...

gorgeous piece!

Leslie said...

Sigh, corn. It'll be exactly five months before we can get fresh corn here again.

Does look like you had fun. And you've had more with Keith. Now, I'm off to Vintaj.

Jamie said...

Jen, you have been on my mind and I am so sorry about the horrible fires. We have been so saddened by the devastation they have caused.

I love the piece you made! I have yet to work with mica, but I love the texture and look it creates. Linda is making me jealous with all her fabulous metal work!

Enjoy your class with Keith. Lucky Duck! I know you will make fabulous art:) Love, Jamie