Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Brissie or bust




Well it's been and gone again. Brisbane or bust.
I had the most wonderful time in Brisbane last weekend.Yes Captain Underpants reared (LOL) her ugly side again thanks to the lovely Diana and a present of captain underpants undies.











Below are some of the wonderful items the girls made. The talented Tamar book on the left and Annette Husband sparrow book on the right.




































Annette travelled from Humpty Do in the Northen Territory, and was so wonderful to meet. I put you through the ringer Annette using tools you had never used but by the end you were a real pro.

















What can I say about this man here Superman that's what he is. John was my knight in shining armor. If I needed anything it was there, he made anything I wanted, and would turn up from the shed and say "Hey Jen is this what you wanted?" e.g. he made bench pins for the girls.
He is an extremely talented and gentle man. I want him and Evelyn (who's house I taught at) to adopt me. Please, please?


The gorgeous Evelyn below this couple opened up their home and hearts for our class and I'm eternally grateful to them.

































Here are some of my willing students. All produced amazing art work. The very gorgeous Vanessa Henry in the middle (who is my angel and agent in Queennsland) I would be lost without you, your family, and your friendship.
















In the apron is my protashay Diana who gave me my underwear. I have big plans for this girl that will be revealed next year LOL
I will add more pictures

and stories later in the week.
Including trying to leave Brisbane
Till then....
Captain Underpants over and out!





19 comments:

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I love the tins that were created...awesome stuff! :)

NessH said...

Jen..you make me blush...you are most welcome and if Evvie and John dont adopt you then the Henrys will in a minute

Julie H said...

Oooh Jen, what fun that all sounds and you deserved both fun and spoiling! I'll be your Albany agent if you like! With cheap airfares at the mo' I could probably afford to bring you over for a class:)

Jo Wholohan said...

what fun jen!!! thought of you gals playing on the weekend :)) gorgeous books, just want to touch them xx

kelsey said...

I'm sure with your super-special underpants on that Di made you, you were in fighting form Crozz and all the girls had a blast!

Samples look great and it's good to put some names to faces as well.

Hope you guys ('specially Matthew) are doing well. ;-)

Gaye Todd said...

Thanks so much for coming to Brisbane and sharing your vast knowledge oh Great One - or should i say Captain Great One!!

Can't wait till next visit!!

Kathy said...

It looks like you and the girls had a great time Jen. The tins look fantastic!!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a blast in Brissy Jen, but you should have modelled those pants for the world to see, LOL

Linda Cain said...

Fabulous story!!! Love it!

Julie van Oosten said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in Brissie, luckily you got out before it rained!

Ro Bruhn said...

Looks like a great time was had by all Jen.

D said...

Workshops are so wonderful! Envious that yours are so very far away!The examples turned out are amazing.

Jamie said...

I love the wonderful pieces created and it sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!! Lucky Ducks! Love, Jamie

Lady Di said...

I had the best time Captain and I'm glad the underpants were a blast. Thanks soooo much for coming up to Bris-Vegas and teaching us ... I had the best time and can't wait to see you again at next year's CSR.

rivergardenstudio said...

This looks like an amazing class... oh, such lucky students to have a class taught by you... Roxanne

Jo Horswill said...

Great pics Jen, good to see your smiling face :)
Amazing work here, sounds like you had a great time too.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi ya Jen
thanks so much for a wonderful three days of teching...best fun I have had un ages and it was sossosoo good to meet you again and others plus new folks.Well worth the trip from Humpty Doo.OMG look at the friz in my hair!!!.I did find the antifriz when I got home(of course)...it was in my class requirements goodies...sheesh.
hugs
Annette

Judy said...

Looks like fun.

Pearl Maple said...

Followed your link off red velvet and really enjoyed reading through your creative posts.

Thanks for sharing the inspiration. Will have to keep an eye out for your future trips to Brisbane as it looks like you all had a wildly creative time.