Well it's finally done and dusted !
I have finally finished the book I started in Judy Wilkenfeld's class last year.
Those of you that follow my blog will have seen the pages seperately but it is finally all together.
This is the front cover.
Keeping with my nature theme, I have wired an old pair of antique binoculars to the cover.
Here is the shadow Box book were I carved out the arch in the middle with a scapel and a blistered hand. The old book was so thick (1/4" inch). I don't know how Judy works doing this all the time.
This picture shows the opening and a small door knocker that actually works.
"Hmm what's inside" I hear you ask? Well those girls at the class will know what it was (after alot of "colourful language") as I am scared of these things. It is now in place.
My good friend Sarah donated it to me, and thought it would be perfect for the book.
Yes a moth! It is actually beautiful and has a furry body, but I still feel it is waiting to come alive again.
Sarah found it coming to her door every night and one morning she noticed it had died.
The pages are all joined together with hand dyed silk ribbon,and it concertina's out.
I have just bought a old leather belt to keep it all closed.
Now I only have one thing I would like to add which is an old magnifying glass to the tapestry binding as it is so thick
So the search continues for the finishing touch.
I have so enjoyed doing this book.