Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Frames

Well I have been busy making a new book with my new frames I am now selling. I have a new size now which is 110mm x150mm (4 1/4inches by 6" roughly) .
Here is the front of the book. I have added feathers under the rusty butterfly plate.




The first page is from an old book "A Lover's Gift", if you open this cover look what's behind.


This is who the book belonged to in 1879 and he was wanting his lover to read page 145.Then a picture of a lady hidden behind Mica.



Here are my new frames. I'm selling them in packets of 8. I have new shapes now; oval, rectangle, arched with a small rectangle. Contact me if your interested.
binga@netconnect.com.au
And I'm thrilled to say I have sold them to my first shop already. "Scraptivate" in Perth now stocks them for those girls in WA.

I love the rectangle frames as I cover it with cheesecloth for a see-through effect.

I have a love of old keys, and mounted some on to some mica again (Yes I'm addicted to Mica LOL) I have put a thin piece of cheesecloth over the picture so you can faintly see something is there.

The thing with these frames was that it is so expensive to buy an old photo album to rip up, and it is hard to find them here in Australia. So I came up with my own, using plain frames and ageing them with different papers.
Jen


27 comments:

Teresa said...

Brilliant examples Jenny.
Congrats on becoming a supplier. Just remember I knew you before you hit the big time :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Jen what beautiful work
Alison

Gretz said...

Gorgeous pages Jen

Lucy said...

Spectacular art Jen!!
Now, I'm going to have to order some more frames!
hugs Lucy

Natalie B said...

Gorgeous as always Jen.

jilly said...

Get out!!!!! So fantastic as always Jen!
xxJ

Sam Marshall said...

Such a beautiful journal, Jen.

Lady Di said...

Where do you find the time ... your book is absolutely stunning. I'm going to buy some of your new frames ... I loved the other one's I bought and have used them quite a lot.

Kim said...

Beautiful Jen, love the pages. Will contact you about those frames too.

luthien said...

jen :) you make the most BEAUTIFUL things in the world!! there is not one picture there that i do not love!

Jo Wholohan said...

jen you are amazing, this book is stunning xx

Gail said...

Hi Jen, Ditto to all the previous comments, where do you get all your amazing inspiration, I am in awe of your work.

Seth said...

Fantastic Jen. The book is absolutely a stunner and the distressed frames are such a great idea!!

lisa_crofts said...

Awesome pics Jen. It is good to know scraptivate have all those yummy frames.

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

Your book is stunning. Wish I could hold it in my hands and explore with my eyes up close.

An Zeelmaekers said...

waw, this is amazing. So beautiful!!! Its fantastic

Svetlana said...

I love this book. Although I'm never going to be a jeweller I will continue with books and metal. Thank you for teaching me all the techniques and I hope there will be more to come.
Big hug from the West.
Svetlana

diane said...

Jen! I love this book. And, the frame idea is quite wonderful too. Using the cheesecloth is a super idea.
What a work of art =)
xoxox

Julie H said...

Wonderful wonderful book! Love the keys especially. And I will get some frames next time I am in Perth, i dare not buy anything else at the moment.

I really like all the texture in your book - without it being fussy.

Debbi Baker said...

Wow Jen - everything looks fantastic, and those frames are great! I just love that last photo - so much to look and absorb!

Leslie said...

I love this book, and your frames are brilliant!

azirca said...

Wow, love it! All of the little details are fabulous, I especially like the rusty old keys and the cheesecloth stretched across the photo.

Your frames are great, I bet they are selling like hotcakes!

Queen Of Toys said...

Wow this book looks fantastic Jen what great work you have created here.

venus said...

Fantastic Jen. The book is absolutely a stunner and the distressed frames are such a great idea!!


--
Venus
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

Genevieve said...

I have in my possession one of those hard to find albums - a family heirloom, leather bound, gold foil edging to the frames and silver foil on the edges. Full of cabinet cards of family long since forgotten. Apparently lots more ended up on Granny Abbott's bonfire!!!!!!!. Love the frames and the things your making with them.

Cheers!

Sarah said...

Beautiful book Jen, I cant wait to play with the new frame shapes you have designed. I only hope I can do half as good as you..LOL

Mac said...

The design used on the frames is beautiful and creative. Using different papers to give the frames an aging effect was a good idea.