Monday, October 5, 2009

The King Lives

Hi everyone! I've finally recovered from our 3-week holiday in the good old USA.
Mark and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.
I surprised him by renewing our wedding vows with the King himself at the Las Vegas sign. It was very romantic: bus loads of tourists and fire trucks tooting their horns as they drove past us. Elvis sang us two songs.
Later that night we went and saw The Lion King. It was a very wonderful day and second honeymoon. Sorry guys the other photos are censored LOL.
Below is a view from our room over-looking the strip.
Nb: I must say ladies, Elvis was about late 50's, but he had nice buns in that white jump suit gggrrr.

After one week alone (gggrrrrr) we picked the kids up from the airport to travel up to Couer d' Alene Idaho, to be with my Sis (I have adopted her) Linda, and husband Jim, to live the American life style for a week. Linda and I met on the internet over 6 years ago now and we have visited them twice now. It was sure great to show my kids off to them.

The kids had never been on a boat before, so it was great fun watching their faces. Here they are having a tow behind Jim's wonderful boat. Matthew was shouting a few nice words to Jim driving the boat, but we couldn't hear him.
Us girls had a go too. I have never laughed so much in my life. I promised Linda no photos of us on that LOL.

Another day we took the kids up to Green Bluff to pick pumpkins. We returned home to Jim and Linda's so the kids could carve them (another first for them.)


Matthew and Nicole's pumpkins.


We did play in Linda's studio. I made her a camera necklace and we tried our hands at etching as well.

Here is a combined necklace from us both .


Linda's etched necklace booklet I taught her. It turned out so wonderful.

It was such a special holiday for us all, our first as a family for 8 years.
I will share with you a book I made for Linda in my next post.
On a final note, my dear Linda is in hospital as I post this. She has not been well for awhile, having survived ovarian cancer and now more complications from her previous cancer surgery. My thoughts are with you dear Sis. I'm so proud of you. You are a fighter and will get through this.
Love
Jen

24 comments:

jilly said...

Sounds like you had a ball Jen! So glad everything went well! Healing vibes coming to your "sister" from us in Brisbane! Glad you're back though girl!
xxJ

Sam Marshall said...

I wish Linda all the best for a speedy recovery. Your trip photos look terrific and it must have been so nice for your whole family. Love that you renewed your vows with Elvis.lol

Alison Gibbs said...

Jen what a great time you have had.
Sending positive thouhgts to your 'sis' Linda
Alison

Sarah said...

I am green with envy that the kids carved the pumpkins.. Beautiful creations from you both and I am sending all my love to your friend Linda..xoxox chat soon..Miss u by the way.

Natalie B said...

What a fabulous idea for renewing your vows... just awesome.

Sounds like your holiday was fabulous and hope your (sister) recovers speedily.

Brenda Grace said...

Carving pumpkins - I'd like to do that one day now that you make me think of it! You just gotta love Vegas and I loved your surprise how simply perfect!

Julie H said...

Fantastic pics Jen! What a wonderful surprise - and only in the USA LOL. So glad you had some family time while your kids will still be seen with you and before Linda got sick.

Love the jewellery too - your camera necklaces are always fantastic.

vintage moon studio said...

What great photos and great looking family!! So glad you had such a wonderful trip - Boston next time???? Sending healing thoughts to Linda... xox Deb

Uncanny Festoon said...

25 years is something to celebrate. Elvis to renew your vows must have been a great surprise for you husband. What great first for the kids. I am sure they will never forget. Love the jewelry...thanks for sharing.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

those creations are stunning !!!!!

Kim said...

Sounds like a perfect break for all of you and a wonderful time. Love the etching necklace too and can't wait to see the book. I hope Linda is up on her feet again and recovering soon too.

Jo Wholohan said...

looks like you had a ball jen!!!!! wishing Linda all the best and a speedy recovery... xx

(my sis just got back from US too, how wild is that skywalk at the canyon)

Gaye Todd said...

So glad you had a fantastic time.... love the pics, the art and I will be keeping your dear friend in my thoughts.

xx

azirca said...

What a fantastic time you had. It was great that the kids were able to join you this time around, I bet they had a blast too!

Awesome pumpkin carving, love the googly eyes!

So sorry to hear that Linda is not well, I hope that she feels better very soon.

Altered Artifacts said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and created some great art too! So happy to see you arrived home safe as well. I too am keeping Linda in my prayers. Please tell her I wish her a speedy recovery :)
Inka

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by! Oh, you were so close to us being in Idaho! I wish you could have come to the San Juan Islands. Maybe come here next time and we can team teach??? From your island to ours, that would be a blast! From the pictures of your trip, you wear "U.S." very well! What a wonderful trip for your beautiful family. We all send out good wishes and prayers for your sis Linda.

Gretz said...

Hi Jen,
Looks like you had a great time!

See you soon

Greta

Tumble Fish Studio said...

How wonderful to read about your trip! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I got married in Las Vegas too - 21 years ago! It is fun to see the pictures of all you and your family did.

Sending good thoughts, wishes and prayers to your "sister". Your admiration for her just glows so I know you'll both be fine.

Janine said...

What a wonderful way to renew your vows! Great to see the family had a great time and hope that Linda is doing well.

Queen Of Toys said...

How cool is that to renew your vows with Elvis himslef. Love the carved pumpkins, something i want to do one day. Also love your necklaces you have created. What a holiday, full of fun.

Jacky said...

What a trip...family and friends to share the good times.
So pleased you and the family had a great holiday and I love that you and hubby renewed your vows (very special).
Gorgeous jewellery you and Linda made. How cool to be able to carve the pumpkins too!!!
Thoughts are with Linda...wishing her health and happiness as she works through this latest health problem.

Jacky xox

Diana said...

What a great vacation, Jen!!! I, too, know Linda and Jim through a purchase Linda made from me. They seem like such wonderful people. I will certainly keep Linda in my prayers. The pieces you two designed are fab...I would have loved to be there to play with you two ladies.
Tootles
Diana

Tammy said...

What wonderful necklaces! I love the camera and the booklet. So cool and unique. I am so glad I found your blog. What fun it has been perusing through. I am now a follower.
Xo,
Tammy

Karen Cole said...

You are too funny!!!!

Glad you had a great time and happy anniversary.