Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grab a Coffee


What can I say the last two weeks have been a blur of workshops fun, laughter and friends, Its a hard life but someone has to do it .The above photo was taken by the very talented Jilly she is making me look good its all smoke and mirrors I tell you LOL.
I started with a workshop in Brissie to say it was hot and humid is a understatement,but the show must go on.

The girls took to the tools like a duck to water there were a few newbie’s but they did so well in class I was so proud of them all.

Below is a gorgeous necklace by an old friend Janine, not the old Janine LOL

The lovely Pam with her finished Doll pendant it looked awesome well done Pam.
Below: Below:
Janine made the trip from Sydney and lives 2 hours out side of Sydney. I must say this girl has the best Tools I have seen yes I’m dribbling.

Gaye on the right has been attending my classes for many years lovely to see you again Gaye.

This lovely pendant was made my Diana she did an amazing job I just love it


Janine’s pendant below :


This gorgeous girl Coral was a newbie to my classes and we have dubbed her the secretary for the class she took amazing note and made sense of my ramblings Thanks so much Coral.



Above:
Evelyn, Amanda and Sharon (also a newbie) hard at work

Above:
What can I say about these two gorgeous people or host and hostess for the last 3 years I have been teaching at there home, Evelyn and John.
John is my right armed at these classes nothing is too much trouble for him.
Evelyn who made us scones jam and cream on the days she wasn’t doing a class.
They have become very close friends my second family.
Sarah,me,Vanessa


Vanessa on the right who organises my classes and without who these classes would never run as smoothly and come to be she has been my rock for 4 years, thankyou Nessa may.


On the weekend I had the awesome surprise of my dear friend Sarah who travelled down from Darwin to do my classes she moved away from me 9 months ago and I have been missing her badly, her sense of humor, and my art buddy. It was so wonderful to spend time with her.
Miss Tall Grass 2009,me,Jilly
In this creative art world I have met people with whom I have clicked with on all levels a second me you might say. This threesome above Sarah and Jilly are like my twins our whickered sense of humour and sense of naughtiness is awesome.
Jilly and I share alot in common with sick children which throws us many challenges to say the least,with only our sense of humour keeps us sane to say the least.



The fun loving Ngaire (top of photo) One day Ngaire I will say your name right I promise (stop helping Jilly you don’t help LOL)
We did get some work done at the workshop really we did??!!.




This is my ice resin piece I sold at Halls gap last weekend it was a favourite of mine.
On the bottom of my House are the new pewter twigs I have been hand casting and selling.
More about that next post.
Thank you to everyone who came to my workshop it was such fun I so love coming to Brisbane.
Till next time Happy Creating
Jen

32 comments:

kelsey said...

You girls look like you had SOOOO much fun Jen and I just know the girls loved having you there again. I was surprised to see Sarah's smiling face in the pics and it made me glad for you when you said she came down for your class....I know you've been missing your bud. ;-)

See you in a couple of weeks!

Linda Cain said...

FABULOUS,FABULOUS work!!!! love them all, especially yours with the buttons and twig.

You are really ROCKIN'

Linda

Riki Schumacher said...

What fun, wish I could have been there. Everyone did such a GREAT job! Jen, love the pewter twig, have to have one!! Tell me when and where! Riki

Georgie said...

What alot of fun! Love all the creativity

Sarah said...

It shall be a weekend to remember thats for sure. Loved every moment of it. Miss u long time Miss Jen Jen..

Julie van Oosten said...

Great photos Jen looks like you all had a wonderful time, wish I could have joined you! Great to see Sarah made the trip. Ya'll look so happy! Love all the work you did, Julie

lindacreates said...

It looks like you all had a blast, you naughty girl!!! The artwork is amazing. BEAUTIFUL!!

Samantha Marshall said...

Gorgeous photos- the artwork is amazing. The workshop looked fantastic!!!

Gretz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretz said...

AH Miss Jen has turned into a hippy with that tee shirt! Love the necklace you sold (WAH) and Miss Sarah Love the hair!!

marry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne, Bulles dorées said...

what a fantastic job you did together !!!!!!! just stunning pieces of art !!

vintage moon studio said...

What a fun group!! Their pieces are all beautiful (says a lot for the teacher!). I adore your final piece with the pewter twig - are you going to be selling them?
Been missing you... our move comes next month so have been sadly unable to get much artwork in. I love dropping in to see you for inspiration!! Love... D

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Jen, I loved reading about your teaching adventures. Great photos too! Love your beautiful necklace, esp the twig :-)

Audrey said...

Busy, Busy Miss Jen, it looks like you had a blast. The artwork look fantastic
Hugs

Little Brown Sparrow said...

All amazing, super creative stuff- well done everyone.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to hand over that shed. It doesn't look safe. Come on- give it to me.

Magda said...

I like this pedant with doll head. Another one with the tree is also great:)

The Scrappy Tree said...

They're all so beautiful, what a great project!

Kim said...

Wow, Jen looks like a hoot! Love the necklace with the twigs. Gonna save me up some dough, I think I gotta get me some twigs! LOL!

Gaby Bee said...

It looks like you all had a fun time...wish I could have been there.
All creations are gorgeous, but I love especially yours and the one with the doll head.

tarnishedandtattered.blogsot.com said...

Jen,
I haven't checked in on your world in a couple of posts. You have been quite busy. Oh my heart aches to see all the tools, students & amazing projects from your workshops. Is that ice resin your using in the solid pendants shown? Or regular 2 part resin. I have been experimenting with resin a lot lately, sadly I'm struggling thru it all on my own & with some book help. I've made some neat bobbles. Would love to do more tho. Are you published anywhere? Sorry this is getting long, love it! Lisa

Queen Of Toys said...

Amazing work Jen you continue to amaze me. Love the twigs too, I must have a few of them. I did say that is a must didn't I?

ParisMaddy said...

Beautiful work! I loved Janine's piece-so wonderful.

azirca said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had at your workshops Jen.
Love the photo of you with the hammer and surrounded by all of those tools!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh how lucky are your students. They made some wonderful pieces
Alison

Julie (Legacy Crafter) said...

greetings from the USA.
Love your site very unique items
God Bless

Jacky said...

Oh my goodness you have been busy Jen!!!! And then the retreat on top of this...how are you feeling? Very weary and bleary eyed I dare say.
Love the latest pieces...the ice resin and those little twigs.
Your classes all look such fun!

Jacky xox

Sherly said...

Hi Jen,
how can i buy a kit with instuction
for the doll neclace?
I live in the U.S.A.
I'm visiting my daughter who lives in Darwon til April 8.
Can they be order? please email me and let me know. thanks
Sherly
sherlygig@gmail.com

Lady Di said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I visited your blog. Loved spending time with you in Brissie gorgeous, you'll now have to send me your Sydney timetable.

Lady Di said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I visited your blog. Loved spending time with you in Brissie gorgeous, you'll now have to send me your Sydney timetable.

Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

Dissertation Editing Service

Dissertation Writing Help said...

Your blog is really helps for my search and i really like it.. Thanks a lot..:)

Online Dissertation Editing