Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time fly's


Time fly’s when you’re having fun, I have had a very busy time of late, and you wonder where the time goes.
I really looking forward to Creative Soul retreat more than you know. Not only catching up with friends but I’m teaching there as well, as well as doing a class with The Queen of cold connections Susan Lenart Kazmer I have so wanted to do a class with her for Years so is my friend Ro we will be in heaven LOL Sad isn’t it.
I’m also gearing up for a stall on the first night of the retreat. I will have goodies, supplies and some of my jewerly.




I have been inspired by alot of people in their art world, one of my fav's is Catherine Witherall an amazing PMC artist, Catherine gave me her blessing to try and make one of her PMC birdhouses in Metal and this is the end result, Im so thrilled with how it turned out. It was made from a sheet of brass etched then rolled and soldered sounds easy but it wasnt.Thanks Catherine for your help and inspiration

Below are some shots of Keith Lo Bue and I at the recent class I took in Halls Gap an amazing teacher who shares his knowledge so freely,he is alot of fun as well.


The photos have subtitles

"Keith try it this way it would work better"

Oh Jen your right
Happy student Happy Teacher LOL
I know Im crazy it helps though LOL.
Jen

28 comments:

Georgie said...

I love what you've done with the brass, Jen! I would be so proud of it too and you have every right to be!!! LOL

azirca said...

You should be thrilled with how it turned out too, your little birdhouse is just delightful.

Kim said...

Jen the birdhouse is AMAZING!!!
Love it! I'm so jealous! Classes with Keith Lobue (really funny pics too, LOL) and the fab S.L.K. Can't wait to see what you get up to there!

Sanja said...

beautiful pics and your birdhous is gorgeous!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your birdhouse is wonderful. I can't begin to imagine how it is done. You achieve such beautiful results.

FOUND OBJECT ART said...

Your bird house is a beautiful piece of work!! and it looks like you had such a fab time with Keith.. great pics :)

Janine said...

Awesome Jen! Love the pics of you and Keith too!

Svetlana said...

Great work Jen. I'm looking forward to CSR as well as catching up with you.

Samantha Marshall said...

The birdhouse is FANTASTIC!!

Julie van Oosten said...

Fabulous birdhouse Jen, Hey you are so funny, really enjoyed the pics! LOLOL!

kelsey said...

Love the birdhouse Jen!!!!! Love the pics of you and Keith too though....typical Crozza moment! lol

Linda Cain said...

LOVE the brass!!!!!!!! Way too cute!!!!!

Linda

Gretz said...

Oh Jen you are too clever and too funny. I hope you have packed your incontinence pad for when you are with SLK.

We will have tyo catch up soon, I miss your my friend and so does the cat=with=no=ears...

Jo Wholohan said...

the birdhouse is just gorgeous jen!!! xx

Seth said...

Looks like this class was a lot of fun.

lindacreates said...

Yes, you are my crazy Aussie Sis and I love ya to death! Your jewelry is incredible!!!!!!!!

Marilyn Rock said...

The birdhouse is awesome!!!!!!! Wonderful pictures you've shared with us - thank you!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Oh My gosh Jen that bird house is amazing....I'd swear but you are too much of a lady(hahaha)to do that too.Can you bring it to Melbourne so I can have a look at it IRL please???Funny comments and great photos Jen as usual LOL.See you soon lady
hugs
Annette

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Jen, I love the birdhouse and all your amazing work as I scroll through your posts. You are truely inspiring... I love the keys, and the pea pod filled with buttons, and so much! Have a wonderful Saturday!
roxanne

Sandra Allan said...

The birdhouse looks good. Did you acid etch?
One of your real sisters.

Gaby Bee said...

This little birdhouse is terrific, Jen! Gaby xo

Studio Sylvia said...

The bird house is gorgeous Jen. Isn't Keith inspiring? I enjoyed the workshop I did with him, last year. I am also looking forward to the Retreat next week.

Riki Schumacher said...

I finally got to take a class from Keith, he is a blast! Lucky that he's in YOUR country! Love your birdhouse, well done. Catherine is a doll for sure. Take care Jen. Riki

TonyaA said...

This is absolutely beautiful! You should be so proud of your creation!
Blessings to you and yours,
Tonya

Diana said...

Love your birdhouse...I can only imagine the challenge it was to create. I was fortunate to have taken a class from Catherine in which I designed one of her cute birdhouses with pmc. Catherine is an awesome teacher. How fun you got to take classes from Keith. I met him at Adorn Me in Houston, Tx last month and took his Back on the Chain Gang class.
Ta TA
Diana

Gilding the Lily Workshops said...

Your birdhouse is DaRLiNg!!!! Oh, it's just the best!!!!

Herrien said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.

Green Tea Weight Loss

Terri said...

Your brass birdhouse is amazing! I have not seen anything like it before. Great Art!