Saturday, May 22, 2010

Caged

"CAGED NECKLACE CLASS"





Hi I just don’t know where the time goes really!
I thought I would show you a picture of a class, I did with the very talented Christine Atkin's in Melbourne. It was a birdcage necklace where we did alot of rivets, I really enjoyed this class .Here is mine which I made for my daughter Nicole.Side view of the necklace, which show's a caged heart inside with a crystal inside.


Here is a picture of Chris and me recently at the wonderful Creative Soul Retreat 2010. Chris is an extremely talented Textile artist, from Perth her work is truly amazing please check out her website.Jewerly is a side line for her,textiles her real passion Chris's work blows me away.




I have also done another class with Chris again in Melbourne where we learnt how to make and pour pewter it was a great day to say the least.



"HOME MAKER PENDANT"





I have been making jewerly again I made this Homemaker house necklace that will be winging its way to a new owner on Monday. This is done with the ice resin and brass bezel which I have made.
I floated some Mica in it which looks really cool.I also have been making birdhouse necklace which I addicted to as well.



www.amarkintime.com

As many of you would know I have been working on a website to sell my goodies, my wonderful daughter Nicole who has never built a website before has been working on it.
Im so proud of her more than words can say, as many of your may know she has not been well and through all this still she has struggled to work on my website, and it will be open for business tomorrow Night.

Im so proud of you Nicole I admire you and Love you.

PS The website will be updated regularly with heaps of new products we just cant wait.

coming soon: Gallery for ideas,vintage and Antique finds one of pieces to sell ,and my jewerly for sale.












36 comments:

Samantha Marshall said...

Wow, Jen!!! The pendants are gorgeous and your daughter is soo clever!!!

Gretz said...

The cage necklace was amazing! I saw it in the "flesh" ??

Well done Nicole!! I am looking forward to seeing the new website ;-)

Linda Cain said...

Everything is STUNNING!!!!!!

Linda

romantic decay said...

These are GREAT!!

Svetlana said...

Oh, Jan you know that I'm a big admirer of your art. Whatever you make I just love and I wish we lived a bit closer so I could learn a bit more.

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

I am so looking forward to seeing your new website! You certainly do have a daughter to be proud of! That she would look beyond her own struggles to reach out an help her mom! ... you must have raised her right :)) The necklaces are just amazing too! You never fail to delight the art lover in me :)
Inka

sacredsouls said...

WOW the website looks amazing so far. Nic you have done a fabulous job, can't wait to see the finished site. lots of love

Kim Palmer said...

Love the necklaces Jen! Sounds like you've been enjoying your classes. Congrats on the new website can't wait to see it finished. Sorry to hear your daughter has been ill, I hope she picks up soon.

lisa_crofts said...

There is so much to be excited about. I love the caged necklace and I can't wait to see your website up and running congrats to Nicole.

Lady Di said...

Love your work hun, it's beautiful. I'm now off to check out the web-site. Hope you're well ... sad about no more CSR.

Sarah said...

Wow love your necklaces, I can only dream about doing a class with Chris..
Awesome work Nicole, you rock, the website is looking fabulous.

Riki Schumacher said...

Great pieces Jen. Love them both, let's see more bird houses! Hugs, Riki

lindacreates said...

WOW!! Love your caged necklace and so so love the Homemaker. Your jewelry just keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait to see the new website Nicole! You are very special.

Teresa said...

Wow Jen - no wonder you're proud! Can't wait to see the website - I've got my credit card in hand :)
Gee - she's a little carbon copy of you Jen.

FOUND OBJECT ART said...

Words fail me Jen simply wonderful creations! I have no doubt your new website will be a great hit! you do have a daughter to be proud of! ;)

Julie van Oosten said...

Everything looks wonderful Jen, a credit to Nicole, an amazing site love the colours and the opening page, clever girl, just like her mum! Congratulations! a very special event.

Stephani said...

Love both of your pendants! Amazing! What a sweet picture of you and your daughter, she looks so much like you! :) Have a great day. Stephani:)

sue said...

Lovely work Jen and lucky you to have such a clever daughter. Thanks for the link to Chris' site - still drooloing over all he gorgeous work!

azirca said...

Your pendants are fabulous! The caged heart that you made for Nicole is beautiful.

Speaking of Nicole... you must be extremely proud of her for creating a website for you. It looks amazing, it's super easy to navigate too.

Nic Hohn said...

Wow! Website looks amazing! Well done to both of you! xoxox

Lucy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
You never cease to amaze me Jen. Your new creations are SPECTACULAR!!
Looks like I will be breaking the budget(again), now you have your own website.
Congratulations!!
Hugs Lucy

Phillipa. said...

Hi Jen, love your new pieces and how lucky you are to have a lovely talented daughter, you are blesses. When are you coming to Perth. Phillipa.

Phillipa. said...

oops, that should be blessed. Phillipa.

Jo Wholohan said...

so awesome jen, loving all of it :)) xx

Night Owl Designs said...

Congrats on your new site Jen, it looks wonderful!

diane said...

Jen...how wonderful! I know what you mean about being proud of your daughter!
Hugs~
diane
xoxox

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you like my little boxes, just having a ball making them! I'm still watching for our Michaels to get the SLK stuff. Hugs, Riki

Diana said...

Looks like a very fun class and your pendant is so very charming. Congratulations on your website! That is so very exciting especially having your sweet daughter design it for you.
Hugs
Diana

Jay said...

You look beautiful in those photos. The cage necklace is absolutely amazing I have to agree. Your daughter will love it.
Display Centres

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

OMG Jen
the new works are gorgeous.I met Chris at the retreat and really liked her.Wish I could have done classes with you and her too :o).Jury duaty finally finished yesterday for me.Hope to get creative again soon myself.I've misssed it.Well dobe Nicole.Love what you made for your Mum and your photo too.
hugs
Annette

Susan Tuttle said...

way cool Jen!!:) You have such a distinct style that I love. I hope you are well:))

BrigitteG said...

Woww those pendants...real work of ART, looove them !!

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Your daughter is amazing... I think she got that from her mom :)) I don't know how you keep coming up with the most awesome ideas! I can't wait to see your new website!

purple bird art said...

Jen, your jewelry is fabulous! Love the birdcage idea, but all the pieces are wonderful. Hope to see you teaching stateside one of these days...

rivergardenstudio said...

I love seeing all your new projects, all very beautiful, I think you spread joy and creativity wherever you go... roxanne

rivergardenstudio said...

I love seeing all your new projects, all very beautiful, I think you spread joy and creativity wherever you go... roxanne