Saturday, August 14, 2010

USA Trip

Well I have finally come up for air from my Trip to the US and a 10 day visit to my Dear Sis place in Coeur d Alene Idaho.
I made this book for Linda as a gift; I have had this book cover for 3 years knowing it was meant for Linda.
Linda had sent me some photos of her family and I promised one day I would make her a book. So this is it


This page has an old frame.

I decorated the outside of the book while I was at Linda's so I could make it more personnel, with family photo’s, so enjoyed doing these charms.

I made each charm so if it turns over it has something on the otherside,as well.


I so love this book and I know Linda does as well.



The photo on the left was mounted on a back of an old frame backing I had ripped off. but loved the look of it.



There is more to come this is just the first halve of the book. Enjoy.









16 comments:

Joanne said...

A wonderful creation Jen, Linda is very lucky!

Gretz said...

Gorgeous. Linda is very lucky

Studio Sylvia said...

Looking good Jen.

azirca said...

Oh my, how fabulous! What a special gift you created for Lynda. I adore the old ornate metal frame that you have used.

Hope that you and your family are well.

Julie van Oosten said...

just so special Jen, Linda would have loved it, you are a very special girl, cos you make divine creations for others!

Svetlana said...

Oh, Jen, this is stunning book. I love the cover and every single detail inside and outside of the book. Linda is lucky to have you.

Sarah said...

Sending some photos down to this week in the hope I too have a book made for me..LOL No seriously your book is beautiful and I know Linda would have loved it.

Linda Cain said...

Oh, Jen, this is just brilliant! What a fabulous treasure...wish we could someday play together!

Linda

Carolyn said...

Jen, so happy you enjoyed yourself and had time to play too. The book is indeed a treasure and I especially like the charms down the spine. Can't wait to see more.

romantic decay said...

Beautiful work!

Diane said...

Jen...absolutely gorgeous! I love it, and would take a class from you on how to do this~in a heartbeat =)
diane
xoxox

Dede Warren said...

You do Absolutely stunning work! What a beloved treasure this is sure to become!!!

sue said...

Glad you had a wonderful time with your pal Jen. She must have been blown away by the book you have made - I know I am and they are not even pics of my family! Terrific that you could complete some of it whist you were there so Linda could have a hand in its creation. Welcome home!

Gaby Bee said...

What dreams are made of...
absolutey stunning and that cover is breathtaking! Linda is very lucky!

Seth said...

Sensational book! I love all those wonderful charms dangling from the spine!!

lindacreates said...

Yes, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, & COVET my gorgeous book my Sis made for me. I was so overwhelmed by it it took me a week to really see every part of it. I had the pleasure of sharing it with my 91 year old great aunt who is in one of the pictures as a young woman. She enjoyed it so much that it brought me even more pleasure. Thank you Jen, again and again