Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Art n Soul Part two:


My first class was with Sally Jean the queen of soldering I can solder ,but I have always wanted to take a class from Sally jean.Below is what I made during class not a great photo but you get the idea.
After a full days class with Sally jean that night I took a class with Jean Van Brederode, who would be teaching me how to use a Hydraulic press. I was lucky enough to be given one for my 50th birthday from my good friend's Chris and Linda, the only thing is I have always wanted one but one small problem I didn’t know how to use it, just a small hic up that’s all LOL.I had admired Jeans work for a long time and was thrilled to do this class.After sitting down I proceed to make myself comfortable after 5 minutes the ice was broken with a few choice words LOL, I really did get a fright when that press started to do its thing.Jean and I soon bonded LOL.
Above Joan(room mate,) Jean and Me.

The next day was a class with Barbara Lewis,I had talked online with Barbara so to finally meet her was amazing.It was a torched fire enamelling class where we made lots of wonderful enamelled bead's.Her hubby and son also where there to help in the class I must say I took a shine to David he has a quirky sence of humor like me so you can image what I put that poor boy through.That night I was to teach my first class,more later.

9 comments:

jEaN said...

Jen, you are an Australian National Treasure!

Hopemore Studio said...

Such a great experience you had..why is it we can learn better in the company of others?! Love your projects, looking forward to what you do with all your new skills.

~Angie

mairedodd said...

looks like you had a fabulous time there! would love to hear about your class as well!

Vintage Green said...

Oh.....I love your Sally Jean class project. I too would love to take a class from her. I can solder a fair bit but I would love to know some of her "tricks" !! Sounds like you took some amazing classes.

Linda Cain said...

I agree with jEaN...you really are a true treasure..to all of us!

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

Gretz said...

Can't wait to see what you made in your classes!

Night Owl Designs said...

Loving reading about your trip Jen! Looking forward to the next installment :-)

Riki Schumacher said...

So great to see your smiling face with all those lovely people. What a great time. Good for you Jen, you talented thing you. Riki xox

lindacreates said...

Great posts Jen, look forward to more.