Friday, December 9, 2011

Bird Book



Time for some play I say!
I have been busy with teaching and Life ,I took some time to relax after my recent teaching trip to Perth.Love the Perth Girls you rock.
My love of etching and the purchase of this new bird cage stamp I made a 2 1/2 inch book by 5 1/2 inches Long.



Above is the back of the book I made it to look like pressed metal I was really pleased with the result.I played this time more with Liver of sulphar patina gel the colours I got from this treatment was so different on everyone.Another cover I did the same stamp is oxide green so happy with how that one turned out.
I'm selling this one on etsy site if your interested.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Absolutely stunning Jen... love the bird cage... and the pressed metal look... so gorgeous...

Jenny x

Linda Cain said...

Simply Stunning...as always! I drool over your work every time I see it....I've GOT to get some of that Liver of Sulphur.
Not enough hours in the day!

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

Judy said...

just wonderful!

Samantha Marshall said...

Wow- Jen!!! It is so beautiful. I love the textures you've created.

Stephani Gorman said...

Awesome Jen! It's wonderful! Nice to take time for ourselves.

Diana said...

I just love your etched metal books...just fabulous! Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday season.
Tootles
Diana

azirca said...

Wonderful stuff Jen!

Dalia Ivanauskaite said...

wonderful x 1000 !

Dalia Ivanauskaite said...

worderful x 1000!

suziqu's thread works said...

Love this little bird book - so neat!

Jacky said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I couldn't find your email address. It is a journey we will take together, he is strong .