Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tin Time

I’m often asked how I come up with an idea for what I make. I can tell you there is no rhyme or reason to it. I see something I like and just add bits to it that I sort through in a box of good quality crap I like to call it.

I often think my designs are too simple but I like a clean look if I can I like to do cold connections so you can see where its connected or to make that a feature in itself.

Below are the things I started with: a old pen tin,tin photo and a Aussie Military



The beginning collecting my bits and pieces try to work out a design
Okay I like this now how to connect it together? No glue i say (No Glue Lobue taught me this)

This is the amazing Riveting tool I'm sell on my website A Mark In Time I so love this tool its amazing and so easy to use.First I punch a hole.

You can rivet and also eyelet with this machine with just the change part to your tool.

I have used it here to set two rivets.



A close up of the rivet going in.
This is the finished product I added a copper number nail at the bottom of the tin photo.Now I have to decide a brooch or pendant.

13 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh for a box of good quality crap................sigh!

Svetlana said...

Great tutorial, my friend. Sounds very simple and I may try this tool as well.
BTW I received goodies today. Thanks for fast shipping.

Vintage Green said...

That tool looks interesting, I'll have to check it out. Today I bought several small tins too, however most of mine seemed to be laxitive tins. It's going to be interesting.......but you have to work with whatever the junk gods send ya, Right?

SooZeQue said...

Nothing more lovely than found objects that find each other. Love recycling at all levels!

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is amazing, Jen! Thanks for your great tutorial!

Hugs,
Gaby

Lucy said...

Hey Jen, great piece, maybe I can use some of the many tins & very small rin types I bought a loooooong time ago, now where did I put them??? LOL
Hugs Lucy

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

This piece is fantastic. Thanks for the tutorial. I love old rusted things and this fits the bill.
Hugs Jackie

Stephani Gorman said...

Always love your designs Jen! Wonderful turorial!

Joseph said...

Incredible work! You have every reason to be proud of this collection.


Kitchen Benchtops

Linda Cain said...

Jen, you are soooo brilliant! I just love your work!

~Linda

Angelica said...

Wow, Talk about cool "junk".
Thanks for the inspiration!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

OMG OMG I have the tool from Jen and I totally love it...just need a draw of good quality crap...very few and far between here in Humpty Doo LOL

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

OMG OMG I have the tool from Jen and I totally love it...just need a draw of good quality crap...very few and far between here in Humpty Doo LOL