Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lights Camera Action

I'm making some pieces to sell for when I go away.I forgot what it is like to make pieces out of found objects.Years ago I would just go ahead and start making and get to a point when I would think Oh Buggar I should of done this to make that connect.After I did a Class with Keith lo bue maybe 6 years ago now I remember what he taught me to plan more ,Okay Im a slow learner but I must say I'm enjoying the thinking process as well.
For those of you that know my work know I usually put a number 8 hidden some where in my work,to keep my mothers memory alive in my work.See below the little holes that where I have it hidden.

Cold connections don't you love it, I love making things look like they mold together like this Kodak tag I added using rivets.

The finished piece its very simple but I love that look less is more.

4 comments:

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

OMG Jen this is sssooo gorgeous...I see the number 8 and guess what I always look for it now :o. hugs
Annette

sue said...

lovely Jen - that Kieth lo Bue is a great teacher huh? I like the quietude of this piece ..
x

Genevieve said...

if this is still available I'd love to buy it for a special friend.

Cheers,

Genevieve said...

if this piece is still available I'd love to buy it for a special friend.

Cheers,